We all know that almonds are commonly eaten raw or toasted but they can also be enjoyed as an addition to desserts, chocolates, sweets and even savory dishes. Yum! They are rich in Vitamin E, dietary fiber, B vitamins and essential minerals. They provide the healthy fats that your body craves for and needs.
Why don’t you try these perfect snacks that you and your loved ones would enjoy?
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds – super easy to prepare and truly enjoyable. Pack it up for a handy energy booster during the day, or that crunch you want while watching TV or just hanging out.
1 piece egg white (large)
1 teaspoon cold water
4 cups whole almonds
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to about 250 degrees Fahrenheit (120 degrees Celsius).
2. Grease your 10×15 inches jelly roll pan or tin pan coated in cooking spray.
3. Beat the egg white lightly then add water. Beat it until frothy. Add the nuts and coat it evenly by tossing.
4. Evenly spread it over the pan and bake for about an hour until golden brown, with occasional stirring. Store in airtight containers after it cooled down. This recipe lasts for a few weeks to months, or depends on who knows where it is hidden. Most people can’t take their hands off it.
Almonds can also be enjoyed over dinners and not just as a snack or dessert. How about these Green Beans with Toasted Almonds for a whole new experience?
Green Beans with Toasted Almonds It only takes you fifteen minutes to make it. Double the servings and you share the enjoyment of eating it with others. Being fit and being social doesn’t sound so bad right?
1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
A handful Toasted slivered or sliced almonds, for garnish
½ cup mushrooms (optional), diced
1. Boil some water and cook the green beans for about five minutes. Drain the beans and return to the same pan to heat.
2. With oil and butter, toss the beans and season with salt and pepper. Add the mushroom for a more hearty taste.
3. Garnish it with almonds and you are good to go.
Healthy cooking does not need any complex procedures and ingredients you have never heard of. Heck, I even don’t have the patience to cook. But with a little bit of creativity and a fun mindset, you can turn your ordinary food items totally delectable. Almonds just got that much better. Whoop Whoop!